Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Notorious Roc Nation Member Memphis Bleek Speaks Jay & Beanie Sigel


Memphis Bleek Repping Roc Nation


This week after a video shoot for “Kush Gang”, a freestyle over Ace Hood’s “Hustle Hard”, Memphis Bleek went on camera with M. Recks for ForbezDVD.com. Bleek offered some insightful responses to questions about Tru Life, Beanie Sigel’s attack on The Roc, and “the Big Homie” Jay-Z’s admonition that he’s gotten too comfortable.


We haven’t heard from Bleek in a while, and apparently he’s been jet-setting.

“I’ve been on a lot of tours with the big homie, holding the big homie down, I just came from Africa I was out there for a month,” he said recounting his whereabouts.

When asked about Robert Rosado aka Tru Life; recently sentenced to eight years in prison for gang assault which resulted in the stabbing death of another young man, and his problems with Dipset, he denied they had anything to do with The Roc. Still he maintains a friendship with the troubled rapper.

“He had has own situation, personal issues with them, you know what I’m saying, that ain’t got nothing to do with music. They know what it is, he know what it is.”

What did have something to do with The Roc, however, was Philly-based emcee Beanie Sigel’s 2009 attacks on Jay-Z and Bleek. Bleek didn’t respond in anger back then, and has the same levelheaded outlook on the situation today. In fact, he claims to have not even heard the record.

“I can’t listen to Beans diss me. I can’t even diss Beans. Like c’mon man we got money together, we starved together, we ate in the stu, we shared bitches, we shared blunts, we shared liquor. How can I diss you, when you my man? I’m a discredit everything we built up?” Bleek implored. “I’m a real nigga, my thing is I just won’t say nothing. Whatever he going through I hope he get to the end of it and go find the light.”

So since Bleek is making music and shooting videos, should we expect a future Roc Nation release? Bleek says no.

“Me, I’m trying to build my own empire,” he told M. Recks. For me to get respect I gotta branch out on my own. Everybody already thing I’m good because Jay say he’s good. But what they don’t realize is none of my albums went wood, that’s why I’m good. All my albums are successful; I got plaques for each and every album.”

Part of that empire is developing talent and giving some new blood a chance to shine.

“Ain’t no shot if I’m under Jay,” he recognized.

Naturally, Bleek went to Jay for advice in executing his plan.

“I spoke to the big homie, he told me I don’t work hard enough,” Bleek said.

According to the mogul, Bleek should be flooding the internet with music, interviews and videos. He admitted that in the past his work ethic hasn’t been the most consistent. In that same light, he gave nods to Odd Future and Freeway for their prolificness.

While “Kush Gang” is a step in the right direction, there will undoubtedly still be those who think Bleek can’t make it on his own. He’s ready for that.

“You can’t answer everybody, everybody got their own opinion.”



No comments:

Post a Comment