Friday, April 8, 2011

Upscale Magazine's New Cover Girl Nene Leakes


As a great deal of you know I am from Miami, by way of Las Vegas and now reside in the Nation's Capital Washington DC.  I say all of this to say that the difference in cultures taught me immensely.  One pet peave I've adapted over my many years of life is the use of the terms highclass and upscale.  Take note of our predecessors whom have accomplished the sought after task of being deemed "upscale". These individuals, corporations, and trendsetters never once self proclaimed "upscale".  Publications like Robb Report, Elle, GQ, Black Enterprise, etc are amongst some of the elite magazines of our time.  With that said covers are extremely important as the brand of person or product gracing a publication's cover solidifies its worth as upscale or high class. 

Nene Leakes of Atlanta Housewives

As I was going about my day's tasks I ran across "Upscale Magazine's" April edition and immediately commenced to the notorious head shake.  Nene Leaks? Really? Have we lost sight of what high class really is.  Do we really want some loose lipped, ghetto ass Atlanta housewife, or any of the housewives (New Jersey, New York, LA, Miami) at that representing the affluent of our race and culture?  Upscale Mag has a double negative shooting them right in the eye, and that is the moniker gracing the cover and their recent choice of cover representatives.  Who's next? Toya? or maybe Jennifer Williams from Basketball Wives.  I think ettiquette classes are necessary for certain editors.

I hate dishing out negatives, but this one was screaming for justice. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment